It is necessary to follow a number of important steps to legally complete the procedures for estimating traffic accidents in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
It is worth noting that the assessment of accidents in Saudi Arabia is carried out electronically, in accordance with the best international standards and standards, through an integrated system aimed at facilitating procedures for those affected.
The most important steps to be taken in the event of a traffic accident
- Obtain an accident report from a Najm or Traffic.
- Book an appointment with the Kartek Center, then go to it with submitting the required documents and fees.
- Specialists perform a thorough examination of the vehicle and estimate the damage caused by the accident.
- The report issued by the center is sent electronically to the insurance company, to take the necessary measures for the insured to obtain the appropriate compensation (an additional service provided through the center).
Standards for estimating traffic accidents in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Regardless of the make, model and year of the damaged vehicle, vehicles are graded based on the following criteria:
- The parts are original, have not been repaired or replaced before, and the damage is minimal.
- The parts are original, have not been repaired or replaced in the past, and the damage was severe.
- The parts are original, previously repaired or replaced for non-accident damage, and the damage was minimal.
- The parts are original and have previously been repaired or replaced due to non-accident damage, and the damage was extensive.
- Genuine spare parts are not available during vehicle estimation.
- The damage to the car is great, and it is difficult to return to its previous condition even after repair.
- The cost of repairing the car is equal to 50% of its market value.
- The vehicle is more than ten years old and has undergone repairs in the past.
These are the most important criteria by which accidents in Saudi Arabia are estimated.