Driving in the rain is usually scary and dangerous to some extent, so it is necessary to take some appropriate measures to make driving in the rain safer, and you must drive according to certain conditions and avoid high speeds, and in the following will be provided tips for safe driving during the rain:
Car cleaning and maintenance:
Keep the car windows clean to get a clear view.
Maintenance of car headlights to improve visibility when driving.
- Replace old tires with new tires.
Driving appropriately for the conditions:
Continuous use of car spaces.
Slow down while driving in the rain to prevent the car from skidding and provide more time for emergency response.
Maintain focus while driving.
Turn on the headlights, whether at night or during the day.
- Hold the steering wheel with both hands to be able to control the car as much as possible.
Maintain an appropriate safety distance with other vehicles.
- Do not apply pressure on the brakes too much and at high speed.
Decelerate significantly when cornering to prevent the car from skidding.
Pull back to the side of the road if you feel uncomfortable while driving.
Dealing with danger:
- Turn around and return if the road is filled with deep or moving water.
- When the vehicle is being displaced and spinning, you must remain calm, remove the foot from the accelerator, and avoid turning the steering wheel and applying slow and light pressure on the brake pedal.
- When the car is skidding, you must remain calm and relieve the foot from the gas pedal, while avoiding pressing the brakes.